Small but utterly spectacular, Ecuador proves once again that size isn’t everything. This country is packed with major surprises – from awe-inspiring natural beauty to stunning colonial architecture. It’s no surprise that so many people are eager to travel to Ecuador to see what this amazing South American country has to offer.
From the Andean highlands to the Amazon Basin, Ecuador delivers stunning scenery. But that’s only one of many reasons to travel to Ecuador. This is also a country of spectacular cultural splendour. Cobblestone streets wind through colonial quarters of Ecuadorian cities, giving way to centuries-old architecture in some places. Or you can venture into Andean villages to shop in open-air markets for the country’s signature colourful textiles or an iconic Panama hat.
And of course, many people come to Ecuador specifically to visit the famed Galapagos Islands. Unique wildlife and smouldering volcanic landscapes make the Galapagos an island experience unlike any other. If you’re interested in joining an unforgettable South American nature tour, Ecuador is the country to visit.
Ecuador Tour Highlights
There’s so much to love about travel in Ecuador. Here are a few of the highlights that visitors consistently rave about:
- Wildlife-Watching: From the dense Amazon jungle to the otherworldly delights of the Galapagos Islands, Ecuador has incredible wildlife watching opportunities. Take in marine iguanas, humpback whales, toucans, sloths and so much.
- Trekking in the Andes: Scaling the Andes is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. Sublime views await those who are ready to do some climbing, with hidden villages and rustic guesthouses available if you’d like to spend a night or two in the mountains.
- Colonial Architecture: Quito and Cuenca were Spanish colonial enclaves in the 17th century, and they still boast beautiful churches and plazas.
- Adventure Sports: Adrenaline junkies are spoilt for choice in Ecuador – from horseback riding, to white-water rafting on the Quijos River, to mountain biking in the Andes.
- Amazing Cuisine: Whether it’s tangy ceviche on the Pacific Coast, spit-roasted Guinea pig from a roadside vendor or a hearty potato soup from a charming restaurant in Quito, Ecuador’s culinary delights regularly leave visitors raving.
South America Tours Pty Ltd can lead you on the Ecuador experience of a lifetime. But it’s important to make the most of your visit by signing up for the right tours, activities and excursions. Browse our available Ecuador tours here on this page and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Best Tours of Ecuador
A Journey Through the Unique Coast and Andes Landscapes of Ecuador Aboard Luxury Train Tren Crucero. Departs Every Tuesday
Galapagos Islands, Quito, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni, Atacama and Santiago.
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Guayaquil - Galapagos Islands - Lima - Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu - Cusco - Lake Titicaca - La Paz & Uyuni.
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Guayaquil - Galapagos Islands - Lima - Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu & Cusco. Category: Tourist & First Class
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Guayaquil & Galapagos Islands. Hotel Category Options: Tourist & First Class.
Lima, Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac - Maras - Moray and Ollantaytambo), Machu Picchu, Cusco, Quito and the Galapagos Islands
Land Based Tours in Galapagos Islands Without Sea Motion Sickness. Explore San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Bartolome Islands
Quito, Amazon jungle, Otavallo, Cotopaxi, Baños, Chimborazo, Riobamaba, Cuenca, Devil Nose Train, Guayaquil and Galapagos Islands
Explore San Cristobal and Santa Cruz Island. Hotel-based tours walk through the Galapagos Giant Tortoises and the playful sea lions.
The perfect Galapagos Islands extension. This 4 day tour follows along San Cristobal and its nearby islands. Incredible wildlife encounters