Five million years ago volcanoes erupted from beneath the Pacific Ocean to create a ring of 13 islands, 17 islets, and 47 reefs – a full 1,000 km west of the shores of Ecuador. The wildlife on these islands evolved in isolation for eons, and the only humans to venture here were pirates and marauders. Then came the HMS Beagle, launching the Galapagos to international fame.
Charles Darwin’s iconic voyage to the Galapagos Islands forever changed the field of natural history. And when you venture here yourself, you’ll begin to understand just how inspiring his voyage must have been. Today, we offer visitors the chance to tour the Galapagos via cruise ships, sailing yachts and motorised yachts that offer a clear window into this one-of-a-kind ecosystem.
Galapagos Islands Tour Highlights
There is so much amazing wildlife to admire at the Galapagos Islands. Here are a few of the highlights you’ll enjoy when you travel to this iconic archipelago:
- Snorkelling: It doesn’t matter how many times you snorkelled before – the Galapagos Islands are a destination unlike any other. At places like Santa Cruz, you’re likely to find yourself sharing the waters with sea turtles and even sea lions frolicking through shoals of colourful, tropical fish.
- Santiago: The fourth-largest island in the archipelago is volcanically active, and it’s famous for its otherworldly landscape of lunar-like craters and volcanic cones.
- Black Turtle Cove: This red mangrove lagoon off the island of Santa Cruz is famous for its crystal clear waters. You can visit by inflatable raft and clearly see reef sharks, hammerhead sharks and sea turtles gliding through the water.
- Marine Iguanas: Featured on the BBC’s Planet Earth II with Sir David Attenborough, these marvellous creatures are the only seagoing lizards in the world. They can dive up to 9 metres underwater.
- Penguins: Did you know that the Galapagos Islands are home to penguins? In fact, these are the only penguins found north of the Equator. You can see them on a tour of the Mariela islets.
South America Tours Pty Ltd offers a wide range of Galapagos Islands tours. You can easily browse and book the offerings listed here on this page. And if you have any questions, feel free to get in touch with us. Our representatives are standing by to help you craft the Galapagos adventure of a lifetime!
Top Galapagos Tours & Cruises
Galapagos Islands, Quito, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, La Paz, Uyuni, Atacama and Santiago.
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Guayaquil - Galapagos Islands - Lima - Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu - Cusco - Lake Titicaca - La Paz & Uyuni.
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Guayaquil - Galapagos Islands - Lima - Sacred Valley - Machu Picchu & Cusco. Category: Tourist & First Class
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Guayaquil & Galapagos Islands. Hotel Category Options: Tourist & First Class.
Lima, Sacred Valley of the Incas (Pisac - Maras - Moray and Ollantaytambo), Machu Picchu, Cusco, Quito and the Galapagos Islands
Land Based Tours in Galapagos Islands Without Sea Motion Sickness. Explore San Cristobal, Santa Cruz and Bartolome Islands
Quito, Amazon jungle, Otavallo, Cotopaxi, Baños, Chimborazo, Riobamaba, Cuenca, Devil Nose Train, Guayaquil and Galapagos Islands
Explore San Cristobal and Santa Cruz Island. Hotel-based tours walk through the Galapagos Giant Tortoises and the playful sea lions.
The perfect Galapagos Islands extension. This 4 day tour follows along San Cristobal and its nearby islands. Incredible wildlife encounters
Buenos Aires, Rio, Iguassu Falls, Lima, Amazon, Sacred Valley of the Incas, Machu Picchu, Cusco, Lake Titicaca, Quito and the Galapagos Islands.