Wild and rugged, Chile’s Patagonia features some of the most breath-taking landscapes and captivating wildlife in the world. With its soaring peaks, rugged coastline and stark ice fields, Patagonia is often viewed as the Holy Grail of outdoor adventures – and particularly so in South America. And thanks to the carefully crafted tours offered by South America Tours Pty Ltd, you can easily experience the best that Patagonia has to offer.
To truly appreciate Patagonia’s spectacular natural scenery, it’s best to travel by boat. As you navigate the waterways of this region, visitors pass the Lakes District, thread the Strait of Magellan and even circumvent Cape Horn. Along the way, you’ll have the chance to take in a series of spectacular fjords, forests, ice fields and uninhabited archipelagos.
Patagonia Tour Highlights
Patagonia is the incredibly scenic region in the far south of Argentina and Chile, stretching from the Lakes district down to Tierra del Fuego and Cape Horn. Local highlights include the many national parks, as well as the lakes, mountains, glaciers and volcanoes that characterise this region.
- Torres del Paine National Park: A spectacularly windswept landscape of rock, water and ice, this national parkland perfectly showcases the majesty of Patagonia. Tours of the park feature scenic viewpoints and ample opportunity for wildlife watching.
- Perito Moreno Glacier: While most glaciers in the world are retreating, this one continues to advance. It looms 74 metres above the surface of Argentino Lake, and it occasionally drops massive icebergs into the water.
- Puerto Natales: This relatively small town has a frontier atmosphere and offers a collection of cosy cafés, bistros and inns. It is a common launching point for tours to Torres del Paine National Park.
- Puerto Deseado Wildlife Reserve: As you sail along the estuary at this wildlife reserve, you’ll catch sight of cormorants, South American terns and Magellan penguins. Follow up with an outing to Penguin Island, home to the largest colony of rock hopper penguins on the continent.
- Tierra del Fuego: The southernmost tip of the Americas holds a windswept archipelago with an interesting history and spectacular opportunities for adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts.
Join us on a tour of Patagonia. Browse our selection of Patagonia tours here on this page, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to create an experience that isn’t listed here.
Top Patagonia Tours
On this amazing 12-day tour you will discover all about Chile. Santiago, Valparaiso, the magic desert of San Pedro de Atacama & Puerto Natales.
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Santiago - Serrano Glaciers - Torres del Paine National Park. Hotel Category Options: Tourist & First Class
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Buenos Aires - Bariloche - Lake Crossing - Puerto Varas & Santiago. Category: Tourist & First Class
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Buenos Aires - Calafate - Moreno Glacier - Torres del Paine & Santiago. Category: Tourist & First Class
Fixed Departure Small Group Tour. Visit: Buenos Aires - Calafate & Perito Moreno Glacier. Hotel Category Options: Tourist & First Class
Tailor-made itinerary. Visit: Santiago, Torres del Paine National Park, Calafate, Perito Moreno Glacier & Buenos Aires. SEP to MAY departures
Fly to Antarctica and Cruise. A wonderful way in which to explore Antarctica without having to transit the Drake Passage.
Enjoy 9 wonderful days in Argentina, starting from Buenos Aires, traveling down Puerto Madryn and finally explore Ushuaia and El Calafate.
Breathtaking tour in Argentina, starting from Buenos Aires, traveling down Calafate/Patagonia and finally explore the Iguazú Falls.
On this Tailor-made tour discover the highlights of Chile, exploring the countries diverse climates, landscapes and cultures. SEP to APR departures