Embark on this amazing 4-day tour to explore the breathtaking Salta City in Argentina a city known for its Spanish colonial architecture and its Andean heritage. You will also discover in Humahuaca the most beautiful long valley east of the central Andean Altiplano.
Let us do everything and enjoy a pleasant stay at hand-picked hotels, with transfers included and 24/7 support. Authentic Latin American expertise to live the culture at the maximum.
Day 1: Arrive Salta
Day 2: Humahuaca Tour
Day 3: Cafayate Tour
Day 4: Depart Salta
This is a suggested itinerary. All Tailor-Made journeys can be customized to suit. Add in additional highlights, spend more time in areas of particular interest to you, or extend your journey to visit other regions of Argentina & South America.
Good Morning! You arrive to Salta, one of the world's inspiring sights. Upon your arrival to the city, you will be welcomed by an English- speaking assistant holding a sign with your name on it. This representative will direct you to your awaiting vehicle and driver, and take you to have a well-deserved rest at your hotel and also assist you with check-in.
In this tour you will see beautiful markedly Hispanic architecture, with one-story houses and narrow sidewalks, Salta, the most splendid of all Creole cities, sits at the foot of 20 de Febrero and San Bernardo hills. In an extensive tour around the old city, we will discover numerous testimonies going back to the colonial age, and the natural beauties that frame it: the Cabildo (old town council), the Cathedral, San Francisco Church, San Bernardo Convent, San Bernardo hill, the National University, Vaqueros river, Castellanos stream, Lesser, San Lorenzo, and the craft fair. Optional visit to Museum MAAM.(B.)(Private Transfer)(Shared Guide)
After a nice breakfast, you will visit today Quebrada de Humahuaca, a Unesco listed World Heritage Site. By the Grande river and guarded by the mountains, it connects towns, stories, traditions and culture. Religious beliefs, rituals, art, celebrations, music, and farming techniques are preserved like in old times. This tour explores the valleys from the city of San Salvador de Jujuy to the Quebrada’s gate. It passes by Tumbaya and stops at Purmamarca to see the Seven Colors hill and, after that, Tilcara, with its lively main square and craft market and the Pucará, a fortress for the old Omaguaca people. Finally, in Humahuaca, two more stops bring visitors to the Church and the Cabildo. On the way back, one can just enjoy the great views of magnificent rocky formations.(B.) (Shared Guide)
After a nice rest, you will explore Cayafate!
Only 183 km away from the capital of Salta, Cafayate is undoubtedly the second most important city in Salta. It stands out for torrontés (white, fruity) wine production which is possible thanks to its special weather, combining temperature and humidity in perfect harmony to develop this select kind of grape. Starting at Cerillos, we will enjoy a road that changes at each curve, offering innumerable color contrasts. We will travel across El Carril, Coronel Moldes, Ampascachi, Talapampa, and Quebrada del Río Las Conchas, which has been declared a natural monument for its rocky formations and colored hills, and arrive at Cafayate, a village located within Valles Calchaquíes, where we will visit a winery. On our way back to the city of Salta, we will appreciate the quebrada at sunset, and stop at Posta de las Cabras, a typical roadside stop with a wide variety of dairy goats where different types of cheese and wines are sold.(B.)(Shared Guide)
After a good rest and a nice breakfast, you will finish our tour, transfer in shared service from hotel to Salta airport with English and Spanish speaking guide.(B.) (Private Transfer)
The below hand-picked properties feature a good location, superior service, and all facilities necessary for your comfortable stay:
– Los Colorados (Purmamarca) BB ****
– Legado Mítico Salta *****
- Hotel accommodation quoted in lead-in hotel guest rooms unless specified otherwise
- Hotels can easily be changed at the customer request. We have a wide selection so you can be assured of a great place to stay
- Occasionally due to circumstances out of our control, hotels quoted may not be available at the time of booking. In these circumstances when hotels are unavailable, South America Tours Pty Ltd will provide the best possible alternative.
- Accommodation with private facilities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary:
(B.) = Breakfast
- All transfers, transport, sightseeing, and excursions as per the itinerary unless specified otherwise:
(Private Transfer / Transport) = Your own exclusive driver. No queuing for taxis, no stopping en route at tour booking agencies. All private transfers/transport are operated on a private basis – i.e., you won’t be sharing with others
(Semi-Private Transfer) = transport provided by the hotel or lodge to their guest only
(Private Tour) = Your own, personal tour guide and an exclusive vehicle
(Shared Guide) = Meet other like-minded travelers and share the services of a guide/vehicle during the planned activity. The typical group size is 10 travelers which really works well and makes for a fun experience for all.
- Parks and monuments entrance
- Professional English speaking local guides throughout
- Service charges and taxes.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International and internal air-tickets. We have access to wholesale fares and work closely with LATAM Airlines, contact us before organize your flights independently.
- Reciprocal fees and tourist visas are not included.
- Travel insurance
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included, phone call, laundry, tips, etc.
- Rates are subject to change and different rates may apply during holiday seasons and special events
- You should ensure you have travel insurance in place to cover the possibility of unforeseen circumstances which result in the inability to participate in the tour
- All routes are subject to change without notice due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions
- Certain countries require that you obtain official authorization (a visa) before entering the country. It is your responsibility for verifying and obtaining any necessary travel documents for entry and exit to the countries visited, as these requirements vary depending on the specific country and nationality of the traveler
- South America Tours Pty Ltd does not provide visa services.