Get delighted by this amazing 6-day tour and discover the highest cities in the world, La Paz in Bolivia, this city is renowned for its unique markets and for its vibrant nightlife. You will also fly to the most amazing Salt Flats, 'Salar de Uyuni' the world’s largest salt flat,
After you will explore Copacabana, a beautiful town on Lake Titicaca, where you will find the beautiful Sun Island considered by many to be the legendary birthplace of the Inca Empire.
Let us do everything and enjoy a pleasant stay at hand-picked hotels, with transfers included and 24/7 support. Authentic Latin American expertise to live the culture at the maximum.
Day 1: Arrive - La Paz
Day 2: Ruins of Tiwanaku - Valley of the Moon
Day 3: La Paz - Uyuni
Day 4: Colchani - Uyuni - La Paz - Copacabana - Sun Island
Day 5: The Chincana - Moon Island - La Paz
Day 6: Depart La Paz
This is a suggested itinerary. All Tailor-Made journeys can be customized to suit. Add in additional highlights, spend more time in areas of particular interest to you, or extend your journey to visit other regions of Argentina & South America.
Arrive - La Paz
Welcome to La Paz, you arrived to one of the highest cities in the world! Upon arrival, you will be welcomed outside of Customs by an English-speaking assistant holding a sign with your name on it. This representative will direct you to your awaiting vehicle and driver, we will accompany you to your hotel to assist you with check-in.
El Alto International Airport is currently the highest in the world being at 4,080 mts. above sea level. Transfer from the airport to the hotel through a short motorway which has an amazing view of the valley of La Paz and and lights at night, here enjoy its impressive views and take inspiring photos! (Private Transfer)
Ruins of Tiwanaku - Valley of the Moon
This morning after a delicious breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel to enjoy an exciting half day tour at the Ruins of Tiwanaku.
Tiwanaku it's at an hour and a half (72 km), during the trip we will pass by the Bolivian altiplano, where you can see the way of life of the Aymaras. Tiwanaku was one of the oldest centers of American culture, dating between 1,200 AC to 1,580 DC. It was considered one of the most developed cultures of its time. Its main constructions are: Temple of Kalasasaya with its most notable work in the Puerta del Sol, the monoliths Ponce and Friar; the pyramid of Akapana and the Templete Semi-subterranean. Also, are included in the tour the two museums, to see ceramics and stone work.
In the afternoon we'll do a four hours tour through La Paz, chosen as one of the 7 wonderful cities in the world, nestled in a valley formed at the foot of the Royal Mountain Range of the Andes- 3632 meters above sea level.
Visit the area of the markets in the streets rich in handicrafts, fabrics, and artifacts of witchcraft. Also, by the colonial part of the city, the church of San Francisco, the Gold Museum, Plaza Murillo, the viewpoint of "Killi Killi" from where you have a magnificent view of the city and the replica from Semi-Subterranean Templete of Tiwanaku. Then to the modern part of the city, going down to 3,200 m to finally visit the Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon), impressive for its capricious formations made by erosion.(B.)(L.)(Shared Guide)
La Paz - Uyuni
On this day, from your hotel, you will be taken to a pleasant flight to the famous Uyuni.
At 10:00 am we will departure from Uyuni to the great salt flat; visit on the way to the train cemetery, where there are remains of steam locomotives of the 19th and 20th centuries; stop in Colchani, this is the best place to observe the methods of salt extraction; next to the island known as Isla Incahuasi (Known as Fish Island), it is an oasis with a unique ecosystem and a village isolated by a giant cactus of up to 10 meters in height. Continue heading north to see the Precolombian Fort of Pucara of Ayque and the chullpares nearby at the foot of the Tunupa Volcano, then east to the town of Colchani, don't forget to enjoy a beautiful sunset. (B.)(L.)(D.) (Shared Guide)
Colchani - Uyuni - La Paz - Copacabana - Sun Island
Good Morning! today we will return to La Paz, there is much more to explore.
On arrival, meeting at the airport to begin a pleasant trip in private transport to the north through the Highlands, then skirting the Lake Titicaca and in parallel to the Royal Mountain Range of the Andes to Copacabana (3½ hours), a pretty village on the shores of the lake. Visit to the church and its famous "Virgen Morena". Boat trip across the lake to Isla del Sol (1 hour), until Huacani to get an Aptapi (typical lunch from the Altiplano), then by boat to Yumani to view the steps and the Fountain of Eternal Youth; the journey continues by boat to the ruins of the Inca temple of Pilkokaina, hike to the Ecolodge Stay with a wonderful view of the Lake Titicaca (1 ½ hour).(L.)(D.)(Shared Guide)(Private Transfer)
The Chincana - Moon Island - La Paz
Wake up!! This morning don't miss a beautiful sunrise! Walkthrough the Yumani Incas steps visiting the Fountain of Eternal Youth, then travel by boat to the north, to visit the ruins of Chincana and Sacred Rock, the journey continues by boat to the Isla de la Luna, visit the ruins of the Inca temple of Inak Uyu, finally to Copacabana and transport back to La Paz to spend the night.(B.)(L.)(Shared Guide)(Private Transfer)
Depart La Paz
After a good rest and a nice breakfast, you will finish our tour, returning to International Airport to board the flight back. (B.) (Private Transfer)
The below hand-picked properties feature a good location, superior service, and all facilities necessary for your comfortable stay:
- Nayra Hotel ***
- El Rey Palace ****
- Europa Hotel *****
- Jardines de Uyuni ****
- Ecolodge La Estancia ****
- Hotel accommodation quoted in lead-in hotel guest rooms unless specified otherwise.
- Hotels can easily be changed at the customer request. We have a wide selection so you can be assured of a great place to stay
- Occasionally due to circumstances out of our control, hotels quoted may not be available at the time of booking. In these circumstances when hotels are unavailable, South America Tours Pty Ltd will provide the best possible alternative.
- Accommodation with private facilities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary:
(B.) = Breakfast
(L.) = Lunch
(D.) = Dinner
- All transfers, transport, sightseeing, and excursions as per the itinerary unless specified otherwise:
(Private Transfer / Transport) = Your own exclusive driver. No queuing for taxis, no stopping en route at tour booking agencies. All private transfers/transport are operated on a private basis – i.e., you won’t be sharing with others
(Semi-Private Transfer) = transport provided by the hotel or lodge to their guest only
(Private Tour) = Your own, personal tour guide and an exclusive vehicle
(Shared Guide) = Meet other like-minded travelers and share the services of a guide/vehicle during the planned activity. The typical group size is 10 travelers which really works well and makes for a fun experience for all.
- Parks and monuments entrance
- Professional English speaking local guides throughout
- Service charges and taxes.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International and internal air-tickets. We have access to wholesale fares and work closely with LATAM Airlines, contact us before organize your flights independently.
- Reciprocal fees and tourist visas are not included.
- Travel insurance
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included, phone call, laundry, tips, etc.
- Rates are subject to change and different rates may apply during holiday seasons and special events
- You should ensure you have travel insurance in place to cover the possibility of unforeseen circumstances which result in the inability to participate in the tour
- All routes are subject to change without notice due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions
- Certain countries require that you obtain official authorization (a visa) before entering the country. It is your responsibility for verifying and obtaining any necessary travel documents for entry and exit to the countries visited, as these requirements vary depending on the specific country and nationality of the traveler
- South America Tours Pty Ltd does not provide visa services.