Get delighted by this amazing 5-day tour and discover the highest cities in the world, La Paz in Bolivia, this city is renowned for its unique markets and for its vibrant nightlife.
In this journey, you will explore Valley of the Moon, a unique area featuring lunar landscapes and bizarre geological formations. Also, you will be thrilled by Copacabana a small town on Lake Titicaca, known for religious festivals and red-roofed houses. Lake Titicaca is one of the 'largest, highest and deepest lakes in the world'. For us, it's also one of the prettiest in all of South America. Situated at over 3800 meters above sea level, it is an endless body of water that glistens under snow-capped mountains.
Let us do everything and enjoy a pleasant stay at hand-picked hotels, with transfers included and 24/7 support. Authentic Latin American expertise to live the culture at the maximum.
Day 1: Arrive - La Paz
Day 2: La Paz - Valley of the Moon - Cable Car
Day 3: La Paz - Copacabana - Isla del Sol
Day 4: La Chincana - Isla de la Luna - Copacabana - La Paz
Day 5: Depart - La Paz
This is a suggested itinerary. All Tailor-Made journeys can be customized to suit. Add in additional highlights, spend more time in areas of particular interest to you, or extend your journey to visit other regions of Argentina & South America.
Arrive - La Paz
Welcome to La Paz, you arrived to one of the highest cities in the world! Upon arrival, you will be welcomed outside of Customs by an English-speaking assistant holding a sign with your name on it. This representative will direct you to your awaiting vehicle and driver, we will accompany you to your hotel to assist you with check-in.
El Alto International Airport is currently the highest in the world being at 4,080 mts. above sea level. Transfer from the airport to the hotel through a short motorway which has an amazing view of the valley of La Paz and and lights at night, here enjoy its impressive views and take inspiring photos! (Private Transfer)
La Paz - Valley of the Moon - Cable Car
This morning after a delicious breakfast, you will be picked up from your hotel to enjoy an exciting four-hour walk.
La Paz, chosen as one of the 7 wonderful cities in the world, nestled in a valley formed at the foot of the Royal Mountain Range of the Andes- 3632 meters above sea level.
Visit the area of the markets in the streets rich in handicrafts, fabrics, and artifacts of witchcraft. Also, by the colonial part of the city, the church of San Francisco, the Gold Museum, Plaza Murillo, the viewpoint of "Killi Killi" from where you have a magnificent view of the city and the replica from Semi-Subterranean Templete of Tiwanaku. Then to the modern part of the city, going down to 3,200 m to finally visit the Valle de la Luna (Valley of the Moon), impressive for its capricious formations made by erosion.
Oh! And the cable car ride will be a good opportunity to discover an excellent and beautiful view of La Paz. This is a must for all visitors in La Paz! (B.)(Shared Guide)
La Paz - Copacabana - Isla del Sol
On this day, from your hotel, you will be taken to a pleasant journey in private transportation from La Paz with a beautiful view of the Lake Titicaca to Copacabana, a beautiful town on the shores of the lake. Visit to the famous church of la "Virgen Morena". Boat trip across the lake to Isla del Sol (Island of the Sun), until Huacani to get an Aptapi, the journey continues by boat to the ruins of the Inca temple of Pilkokaina, hike to the Ecolodge Stay with a wonderful view of the Lake Titicaca.
Rest of afternoon at leisure and spend the night at the Ecolodge Stay - Isla del Sol. (L.)(D.) (Shared Guide)
La Chincana - Isla de la Luna - Copacabana - La Paz
This morning don't miss a beautiful sunrise! Walkthrough the Yumani Incas steps visiting the Fountain of Eternal Youth, then travel by boat to the north, to visit the ruins of Chincana and Sacred Rock, the journey continues by boat to the Isla de la Luna, visit to the ruins of the Inca temple of Inak Uyu, finally to Copacabana and transport back to La Paz to spend the night. (B.)(L.)(Shared Guide)(Private Transfer)
Depart - La Paz
After a good rest and a nice breakfast, you will finish our tour, returning to International Airport. (B.) (Private Transfer)
The below hand-picked properties feature a good location, superior service, and all facilities necessary for your comfortable stay:
- Nayra Hotel ***
- El Rey Palace ****
- Europa Hotel *****
- Ecolodge La Estancia ****
- Hotel accommodation quoted in lead-in hotel guest rooms unless specified otherwise.
- Hotels can easily be changed at the customer request. We have a wide selection so you can be assured of a great place to stay
- Occasionally due to circumstances out of our control, hotels quoted may not be available at the time of booking. In these circumstances when hotels are unavailable, South America Tours Pty Ltd will provide the best possible alternative.
- Accommodation with private facilities as mentioned in the itinerary
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary:
(B.) = Breakfast
(L.) = Lunch
(D.) = Dinner
- All transfers, transport, sightseeing, and excursions as per the itinerary unless specified otherwise:
(Private Transfer / Transport) = Your own exclusive driver. No queuing for taxis, no stopping en route at tour booking agencies. All private transfers/transport are operated on a private basis – i.e., you won’t be sharing with others
(Semi-Private Transfer) = transport provided by the hotel or lodge to their guest only
(Private Tour) = Your own, personal tour guide and an exclusive vehicle
(Shared Guide) = Meet other like-minded travelers and share the services of a guide/vehicle during the planned activity. The typical group size is 10 travelers which really works well and makes for a fun experience for all.
- Parks and monuments entrance
- Professional English speaking local guides throughout
- Service charges and taxes.
WHAT’S NOT INCLUDED
- International and internal air-tickets. We have access to wholesale fares and work closely with LATAM Airlines, contact us before organize your flights independently.
- Reciprocal fees and tourist visas are not included.
- Travel insurance
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included, phone call, laundry, tips, etc.
- Rates are subject to change and different rates may apply during holiday seasons and special events
- You should ensure you have travel insurance in place to cover the possibility of unforeseen circumstances which result in the inability to participate in the tour
- All routes are subject to change without notice due to unexpected circumstances or weather conditions
- Certain countries require that you obtain official authorization (a visa) before entering the country. It is your responsibility for verifying and obtaining any necessary travel documents for entry and exit to the countries visited, as these requirements vary depending on the specific country and nationality of the traveler
- South America Tours Pty Ltd does not provide visa services.